The oldest track & field blog on the internet

Friday, July 03, 2009

The Final Nail in the Coffin

For the past several years, I've been of two minds when it came time to renewing my Runner's World subscription. On one hand, it's a 95% worthless rag. On the other hand, there's usually one article worth reading, and it's only a measly $1 per month, so why not. But I've finally decided not to re-up it.

And today I was sure I made the right choice. RW's back page is a feature called "I'm a Runner", which has minor celebrities such as astronauts, generals, entertainers and so forth. People like Ed Hochuli and Kai Ryssdal.

This month? Sara Palin. I took a Sharpie and wrote over "I'm a Runner" with "I'm an Idiot". RW has not only jumped the shark, it's entered the being eaten by a crocodile contest.

Late Update: This was apparently part of a day-long media presser. Every comedian in the country will be ecstatic.

Later update: Looks like she hadn't planned to resign until after the mag was in the mail...which is an example of the kind of erratic behavior that is making every comedian in the country ecstatic.

No comments: