The oldest track & field blog on the internet

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Next Saturday I will resume full-time Superfan status, as my team's cross country season is over. I'll attempt to see six races in one day, but I might only get in four or five.

First up is the OAC Cross Country Championships, hosted by Heidelberg University at Clinton Heights golf course in Tiffin, Ohio. The men (8k) run at 11 AM, the women (6k) at noon. For those of you outside the Ohio area, the Ohio Athletic Conference is the nation's third oldest, and Ohio State had such respect for the organization that it continued to remain dues-paying member for decades after no longer competing in the conference. It is the prototype small-college student-first athletic organization. The favorites are Mount Union for the men, Ohio Northern for the women.

From there, I'll hightail it over to Tiffin's Hedges-Boyer Park for the OHSAA Regional Cross Country meet, which (argh!) also starts at 11 AM. With boys' and girls' races on tap in each of three divisions, I should be able to see the final three or four races of the day.

No comments: