The oldest track & field blog on the internet

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I've Made It!

You used to be "big time" when you made it in the page of Track & Field News. In the age of the internet, this is just as good. E. Garry Hill, editor-in-chief at the mag, posted this humble blog at the T&FN message boards and said that I know my stuff. He could easily have trashed me, especially considering that I'm often less than complimentary to him and T&FN (and also that I'm really just one of millions of bigmouths on the internet).

I fear that any movement towards mainstream status might compromise my willingness to say exactly what's on my mind. (You tend not to have any shame when you think no one is reading.) Bill Hayward had a sign up in his office that said something to the effect of "Live every day so that you can look a man in the eye and tell him to go to hell!" and I intend to live by that creed.

No comments: