The oldest track & field blog on the internet

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sports Bar

For the last two weeks I've been working more or less nonstop on my new house. I've had precious little time to blog or much else (I've missed more days of running in the last 3 weeks than I have all year). So this post is, understandably, about the house.

I moved out of my college town of Bowling Green and into Sylvania, a suburb of Toledo located right on the state line. The move was neccessitated by my wife graduating with her Ph.D. and gaining employment in Ann Arbor (we decided to stay in Ohio so I could keep my job and to remain close to family). Anyway, we moved out of a rather ordinary 3-bedroom 1928 Sears & Roebuck house and into an almost identical 1927 home. We loved the house the moment we saw it, but one detail sealed the deal for me. It has a finished basement with a bar.

I've fantasized about a basement bar for a long time. My plan is to rig it up as "The Bell Lap", the nation's only track & field-themed sports bar. As of yet, my plan hasn't gone much beyond putting up a Hayward Field panoramic photo print and having friends over to watch a lot of track. I'll keep the teeming millions updated with progress reports from time to time.

No comments: