The oldest track & field blog on the internet

Friday, August 24, 2007

Day One Preview

IAAF preview

The first event, the men's marathon, begins at 6:00 PM (Eastern) today. I guess if you don't live in the Eastern time zone, you're used to figuring out the offset--I'm not, and even though I have a mathematics degree I always screw it up. Thank you, World Clock!

Net coverage: WCSN at 6 PM tonight and 5:45 AM tomorrow

TV coverage: CBC 3:00-6:00 PM tomorrow; Versus 6:00-8:00 PM tomorrow

Final events:
6:00 PM: Men's marathon (IAAF preview, my picks, T&FN preview, Let's Run preview)
all day: Women's Heptathlon, day one (IAAF preview, my picks, T&FN preview)
7:40 AM: Men's shot put (IAAF preview, my picks, T&FN preview)
8:50 AM: Women's 10,000m (IAAF preview, my picks, T&FN preview, Let's Run preview)

I'm going to do a write-up on a more or less daily basis, but the timing of this meet couldn't be worse for me. Tomorrow is my team's first meet, tonight's pre-meet dinner begins at 6:00, and the first (and therefore busiest) week of school begins Monday. I won't get any analysis up until 6:00 PM at the earliest, and maybe as late as 10:00.

No comments: