The oldest track & field blog on the internet

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Olympic Trials countdown



It's more or less a done deal now. This morning I bought my airline ticket to Eugene for next summer's Olympic Trials. I'm going with Track & Field News Tours (I had to get on their wait list, and finally got in just a while ago).

I went with the T&FN gang once before, to the 2001 World Championships in Edmonton. Some say their tours are overpriced. I'm not so sure. For my estimated final tab of $1400 I get eleven nights of lodging, prime tickets for all eight days of the meet, and a snooty lunch where I get to meet some stars. It's possible that I could have beaten the price doing all the legwork myself, but not by more than a hundred dollars or so and I'm virtually certain my seating wouldn't be nearly as good doing it myself.

No comments: